Organization: Union County-Marysville Economic Development Partnership (Union County CIC)
Position: Development Project Coordinator
Supervisor: CIC Executive Director
This position description is a summary of typical job functions, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all responsibilities, tasks, duties, and other requirements.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Union County Community Improvement Corporation (CIC), the Development Project Coordinator serves as a general project manager, proactively initiating economic development programs that advance the implementation of the Union County, Marysville, and 33 Smart Mobility Corridor Economic Development Strategies. This includes overseeing and assisting with the 33 Smart Mobility Corridor and related projects. The incumbent also administers the County’s business expansion and retention program, manages the database of available commercial and industrial sites, assists with programs related to business creation and entrepreneurship, and serves as a liaison to local communities for technical and supportive services.
- Assists with the implementation the Union County, Marysville, and 33 Smart Mobility Corridor Economic Development Strategies.
- Initiates and oversees special projects that support economic and development.
- Oversees and/or assists with special projects related to the 33 Smart Mobility Corridor Project.
- Liaisons with companies to assist them with navigating the permitting and project development process.
- Administers the Union County business retention and expansion program.
- Identifies development-related issues and impediments to growth and works with local governments and other stakeholders to offer solutions.
- Responsible for ensuring that leads, notifications, prospects, etc. from JobsOhio, Columbus 2020, and other sources are addressed.
- Develops and maintains a database of properties available for commercial and industrial development and the various attributes of the properties.
- Provides technical assistance for the administration of the Enterprise Zone Program, Community Reinvestment Area, job training program, JobsOhio, and Ohio Development Services Agency incentive packages.
- Assists with downtown revitalization efforts in Marysville and Richwood.
- Assists with the management and operation of the Marysville Entrepreneurial Center.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with administrative employees and elected officials of the County and various jurisdictions. Provides regular reports and updates to governmental agencies as requested.
- Represents the CIC as assigned at meetings with federal, state and local government agencies, business groups, advisory committees, planning and economic development associations, and the public. Interacts with and attends various meetings and functions of MORPC, MODE, Columbus 2020, NW 33 Council of Governments, and others as required.
- Researches, identifies, and applies for economic development grants and loans that could further economic development initiatives and monitors approved grants.
- Maintains extensive data files of information of interest to new and existing businesses, market statistics, zoning regulations, business trends, and demographic information.
- Assists the Executive Director with the development and implementation of comprehensive plans and land use plans for the County and various jurisdictions.
- Assists with the marketing and promotion of Union County and its various communities.
- Attends CIC functions and outside related meetings as the formal representative as assigned for the CIC.
- Assists the Executive Director in developing budgets and financial plans.
- Assists with the maintenance of minutes, records, and other board materials and documents as required for the CIC and Marysville-Union County Port Authority, Tax Incentive Review Council, and Marysville Housing Council.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Economic Development, Public Administration, or other relevant field and considerable relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience required.
- IEDC Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) certification preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working for a Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development office, or Convention and Visitors Bureau is an added benefit.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of economic development, redevelopment, and downtown revitalization principles and practices, including administration and management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business and economic development financing.
- Considerable knowledge of various marketing techniques, including social media.
- Familiarity of state and local economic development incentives.
- Ability to perform cost/benefit analyses and to conduct various studies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the business community, government officials, and community organizations.
- Ability to work under pressure and execute projects to deliver measurable results.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing, to prepare and present reports to elected leaders, businesses, and members of the public.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc., and photo editing programs.
- Excellent editing skills to transform notes and information into formal documents.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment in the performance of essential functions (i.e. copier, fax, personal computer).
- Ability to occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
Other Position Characteristics:
- Residency within Union County is strongly encouraged within six (6) months of hire date.
- Salaried position requiring additional hours as needed.
- State of Ohio Driver’s License and ability to drive is a requirement.
- Salary range $62,000 to $78,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Submit cover letter, resume, and 3 references to email@example.com
- Deadline to Apply: Open until filled. Deadline to submit for first screening is 4:00 PM on April 22, 2019.